After Treatment Recommendations
After each treatment session, proper care of the treated area following post treatment instructions can decrease the risk of adverse effects.
- Warmth or heat sensation is expected and will last for about 1 hour.
- Slight swelling (oedema) and erythema (redness) of the treated area may occur after treatment.
- Cool the skin post treatment as needed with cold gel packs, cool gel, or cool air.
- Wash the treatment area gently with soap and water.
- Do not soak the treated areas.
- There may be a slight darkening (bronzing) of the skin noticeable 3-10 days post treatment which resolves without intervention.
- Do not shave the treated area if crusting is evident.
- Avoid sun exposure between treatments. If sun exposure is unavoidable, apply SPF 50+ to protect exposed, treated areas.
- Apply moisturisers for sensitive skin as needed.
- For patients who are prone to break outs or have sebaceous skin, consider waiting 24 hours before applying any topical products.