When deciding to have your tattoo removed, it is almost as big of a decision as it was getting the tattoo in the first place. So when you do finally decide to have your tattoo removed, the last thing you need to worry about is the experience of the person who is removing your tattoo.
Unfortunately at Medical Skin Solutions we have treated many clients who have had bad experiences with having their tattoo removed and it will be due to one of two reasons:
- The quality of the laser equipment being used
- The experience (or inexperience) of the technician using the equipment
Due to the caliber of the PicoSure Laser with it’s Picosecond technology, the PicoSure is only available at certified clinics such as Medical Skin Solutions.
Most of the unsuccessful tattoo removals, or worst yet, damage caused by tattoo removal being done incorrectly is due to the actual operator of the equipment themselves.
Asking the right questions of the technician who will be administering the laser tattoo removal could prevent mishaps when it comes to the tattoo removal. Questions such as:
- Do you have the required certification to operate the laser equipment?
- Do you have a Radiation Safety Officer Certificate?
- Have you undergone the required training package to operate the laser?
- Is your equipment a Class 4 Laser and if so, do you have a Class 4 Laser User license?
If the technician confidently answers ‘Yes’ to all of these questions and has the supporting documentation (which should be displayed in the treatment room), then by all accounts, you should be in safe hands.
At Medical Skin Solutions we have all of the above certifications, in addition to the required hours of practice needed to operate the PicoSure Laser. If you would like any more information about the qualifications and experience of our qualified skin technician, please contact our Gold Coast skin clinic today.